High School Counselors' Association of
Western New York Scholarship
The High School Counselors Association of Western New York provides an annual scholarship award to a local high school senior who meets the following requirements.
Students wishing to apply for this scholarship must:
- Be a graduating high school senior.
- Plan to attend a 4-year college or university in New York State.
- Plan to major in social work, psychology or counseling related field.
- Have a grade point average of 85 or above.
- Take part in extracurricular activities; school and/or community service.
- Financial need may be considered
Candidates who qualify must:
- Complete the application and submit it to the Guidance Office at your school no later than the stated deadline contained in the updated application.
- Write an essay of no more than 500 words (must be typed) on your future career choice. Be sure to include who or what influenced your decision.
- Letter of recommendation from student's school counselor, who must be a member of the High School Counselors Association of Western New York.
- Official high school transcript including 1st
semester senior grades.
Scholarship & Financial Aid Search